About Snell Library
Snell Library is located at 376 Huntington Avenue in the heart of Northeastern University’s Boston, Massachusetts campus.
The Northeastern University Library is the hub of campus intellectual life. Resources include close to 500,000 print volumes, over 800,000 e-books, over 100,000 electronic journals, and over 100,000 streaming audio and visual titles. The Snell Library building welcomes more than two million visitors per year on the Boston campus, and the library’s website serves users around the world.
For more information about accessing Snell Library, including directions and parking information, visit Getting to Snell Library.
For more information about using Snell Library, including the code of conduct for library use, visit Using Snell Library.
Spaces & Services
Help and Information Services
- The Access Point (1st Floor) is the gateway to Snell Library. Read more about Snell’s Access Policy on the visitor access policy page.
- Visit the Help & Information Desk (1st Floor) on the first floor of Snell Library to ask questions, report issues, borrow library materials and get connected to assistance.
- Course Reserves: Course reserves are library materials that faculty request to be set aside for use in certain courses during a particular semester.
- Interlibrary Loan: Interlibrary Loan (ILL) is a free service for Northeastern faculty, staff, and students that need an item that is unavailable through Northeastern Library.
- Individual and Group study rooms; spaces are available for reservation during service desk hours.
Northeastern University Library Offices and Services in Snell Library
- The Recording Studios (2nd Floor) are available to members of the Northeastern community working on media projects. Visit Creative and Design Services’ Recording Studios for more information.
- The 3D Printing studio (2nd Floor) is available to members of the Northeastern community. Visit Creative and Design Services’ 3D Printing Studio for more information.
- Digital Scholarship Commons (Room 211) Currently hosting the Office of the Dean of the Library.
- The Northeastern University Archives and Special Collections (Lower Level) Temporarily Closed. Learn more about the Archives at the Archives and Special Collections website.
Information Technology Services (ITS)
- ITS printers and quick print stations (1st and 2nd floors) For more information and directions to printer locations, visit Printing and Scanning.
- ITS vending machines & hardware lockers (1st floor) Hardware is available for checkout through vending machines and lockers from ITS. Learn more at ITS Hardware Lockers and Vending.
- The Tech Support Bar (2nd Floor) can help with laptops and devices, navigating Canvas, equipment lending, and more. Open Monday – Friday, from 8 a.m. – 6 p.m. For help with technology, contact Information Technology Services (ITS) support.
- Omnicharge stations: For troubleshooting, visit the Omnicharge support page.
Newly Renovated Fourth Floor Highlights
- Individual and group study rooms are available for reservation by students during service desk hours.
- Silent Individual Study Rooms are available for reservation during service desk hours and located inside the glass enclosed Silent Study Space (Room 490)
- Buzzy Booths: noise canceling booths available first come first served for taking phone calls
- Additional open study space
Currently Closed for Renovations
- Lower Level
- Third Floor
Learn more about the Snell Library renovation project and get construction updates here.
Snell Library Classrooms
The Snell Library Classrooms are not accessible from inside the Library space. Husky Cards are not required for entry to Snell Library classrooms.
- Classrooms 001 to 049 (accessible by stair tower located on porch).
- Classrooms numbered above 100 (in hallway to the right of the temporary entrance to Snell Library).
- SN on your schedule refers to Snell Engineering building.