About Our Interlibrary Loan (ILL) Services
Interlibrary Loan (ILL) is a free service for current US-based Northeastern faculty, staff, and students. If you need an item that is unavailable at Northeastern Libraries, we will attempt to borrow it or obtain a scan for you from another library.
ILLiad is the software that the Northeastern University Library uses to process and manage all interlibrary loan requests.
- Register for (or access your current) ILLiad account to submit Interlibrary Loan requests.
- NOTE: if you are a patron outside of Boston, please register as a “Distance” patron
- Oakland patrons should use ILL services at F. W. Olin Library.
- Law School patrons should register with the Law Library’s Interlibrary Loan services
- Boston/Global campus patrons can read more about Interlibrary Loan policies.
Before Submitting an ILL Request
What you need may already be at Northeastern! Make sure to…