Welcome to Course Reserves
Course reserves are library materials that faculty request to be set aside for use in certain courses during a particular semester. Course reserves may consist of electronic (online) materials, print (hard copy) materials, or a combination of the two.
- Print materials on reserve are accessible to students studying in Boston (Snell Library) and in Oakland (F. W. Olin Library).
- Electronic reserves, or e-reserves may consist of e-books, articles, streaming media, databases, document uploads, or other online course materials. Instructors may provide access to them on Canvas, another learning platform, or they may be available through the library.
- Boston (Snell Library): to place items on Reserve, visit Course Reserves: Information for Boston Faculty or view Leganto Requesting for Faculty.
- Oakland (F. W. Olin Library): to place items on Reserve, visit our Course Reserves: Information for Oakland Faculty.
- Find course reserves: to find/access items on reserve for your classes, visit Course Reserves: Information for Students.
Library staff accept print course reserve materials in compliance with U.S. Copyright Law and the provisions of fair use.
Course Reserve service supports the teaching activities of Northeastern University. The Northeastern University Library exercises the right to determine conditions of use and to refuse materials for reserve for legal or other reasons.