Leganto for Course Reserves
Note for Students: If your instructor is using a Leganto resource list, it will appear when you are logged in to Canvas. Open your course in canvas and check the course menu for a link called Leganto Course Materials.
For Instructors: How to Submit a Reserve Request Using Leganto
Option 1: Canvas
If you are using a Canvas page for your course, we recommend activating Leganto from within Canvas. To get started, click the “Leganto” tool link in your course menu and follow the on-screen instructions to activate the course and add a list. You will have the option to add an entirely new list or to roll over an existing reading list to attach to the latest version of your course:
Option 2: Leganto Homepage
Instructors who have used course reserves at Snell Library in the recent past (2018 to present) will be able to review a catalog of their previous reserve lists by signing into their Leganto homepage.
- To re-submit an existing list for a new course, open the list and click the “Submit List to library” button at the top right:
- If you don’t have any previous lists, or if you need to create a new course list from scratch, click the “New List” button at the top right of your homepage to get started:
Note: a reading list created outside of Canvas can still be associated with a Canvas course at a later date by using the “Manage Course Association” link in the list menu:
For full instructions on creating, editing, and submitting reading lists, view our 7-minute video tutorial or visit our step-by-step user guide [PDF].
Still have questions about using Leganto? Contact us by submitting the Leganto Help Request Form!
What Happens to Reserve Materials When the Semester Is Over?
The Library’s course reserve system is maintained on a semester-to-semester basis. Leganto reading lists are deactivated and returned to draft format at the end of each semester unless otherwise requested.
- To re-activate a reading list that you have used for reserve in past semesters, please re-submit the list to the library through Leganto (see above).
- To extend an active reading list into future semester(s), please contact us to request an extension before the current semester’s last day of final exams.
- Between semesters, all library-owned print reserve items that have not been requested for extension will be taken off reserve and restored to general circulation at our Remote Annex.
Library staff accept course reserve materials in compliance with U.S. Copyright Law and the provisions of fair use.
Our course reserve service supports the teaching activities of Northeastern University. The Northeastern University Library exercises the right to determine conditions of use and to refuse materials for reserve for legal or other reasons.