For problems with myNEU logins, NUSSO, hardware and printers, contact the ITS Help Desk at x4357 (617-373-HELP) or help [at] neu.edu.
For questions about library online services, see our FAQ below, call us at (617) 373-2356 or toll-free (855) 618-7512), or Report a problem online.
Frequently Asked Tech Support Questions
- Error message: This service requires cookies/An error occurred while processing your request...?
- What if I see "ContentServer" errors in my browser when trying to view an Ebscohost PDF?
- What if my PDF links to a blank screen in Springer?
- How do I access the Chronicle of Higher Education links on my smartphone and email?
- NUSSO error: There is more than one user record that matches the supplied user id.
- How do I create a stable link for a journal article or ebook for my students in Blackboard?
- How do I create a link to a Wall street journal article in Factiva?
This error sometimes occurs when a previous session did not completely close, or when you use the browser "back" button to the point where you logged in.
To fix this error, try clearing your cache and cookies.
If that doesn't work, log out completely like this:
2. Completely close and restart your browser.
3. Go to http://library.northeastern.edu and try to log in and connect to your database or ejournal again.
To avoid this error:
Make a habit of completely closing your browser after a library session.
Do not use the "back" button in the browser to the point where you logged in.
Never bookmark the login page for a library resource. Instead, bookmark the site AFTER you log in, or right-click and bookmark the link BEFORE you click on it.
If you are using the Firefox browser on a Mac OSX computer, first, be sure you have an up-to-date version.
- Click on Firefox--About Firefox--Check for updates
If this does not solve the problem, change the preferences for opening PDFs
- Click on Firefox--Preferences--Applications--Portable Document format
- Select "Preview in Firefox"
Some users experience a blank screen when linking to full text PDFs in Springer.
If you experience this, please clear your cache and cookies in your browser and then try again. We have found this usually solves the problem.
4. How do I get access to the Chronicle of Higher Education links on my smartphone and from my email?
1. You can register and set up a personal account and password on the Chronicle web site using your Northeastern email. This personal account is free to you and will work anywhere in any browser.
2. If you have a personal account (see #1) and an iPad, you can use the Chronicle app.
3. The library offers a “bookmarklet”, which you can drag or save to your browser’s bookmarks list. It inserts “ezproxy.neu.edu” into the URL so you can log in with your myNEU username and password. No need to register a personal account.
When booking or requesting to reserve a room, if you are both a student and a staff member, try logging in with your staff ID. That should provide you with access to both staff and student rooms for reserving.
If that does not work, open a call with the ITS Help Desk at (617) 373-HELP (x4357)
Links to articles need to have "ezproxy.neu.edu" embedded in the link. For example:
If you need to insert this into a link, use the widget on this page to "proxy" the link, giving it a custom URL that will allow them to log in from off-campus.
Special instructions are available for
You may also ask your Subject Librarian for assistance with stable, persistent links.
What students can expect:
If students log into Blackboard at http:blackboard.neu.edu, their browser will "remember" them, and will be able to directly access library links to course readings embedded in the Blackboard course.
If students log into Blackboard via NUOnline, they may have to log in a second time to access library links to course readings.
Step 1: find your article
Search Scholar OneSearch for the article title and then click "View online-Factiva"
Connect to Factiva
- search for the article you need
- click "options"
- click "sources" and select "Wall Street Journal"
- click "search"
Step 2: link to your article
Click on the link that says "Share". In the pop-up box, select "In other accounts" and save the URL to paste in Blackboard, emails, or webpages for others at Northeastern to link to.
This link will work directly for anyone on the Northeastern campus, including wireless or VPN access.
For users off-campus, it will prompt for a Northeastern username and password before displaying the article.