If you're not affiliated with Northeastern University, see our Information for Visitors.
Snell Library Service Hours
"Service Hours" are hours when library staff are available.
For the Thanksgiving weekend:
- The Snell Library building is open 24/7 all weekend with limited staffing for current Northeastern faculty, staff, and students only. A current, valid, NU Husky card is required for entry.
- The Snell Library Help and Information Desk is closing Wednesday, November 27 at 5pm, and reopening Sunday, December 1 at noon.
|7:45 am - midnight|
|7:45 am - 9:00 pm|
|9:00 am - 10:00 pm|
10:00 am - midnight
- Snell Library is generally open for study 24 hours a day, seven days a week, to current Northeastern students, faculty and staff.
- Technology support staff are available when the building is open.
- A current, valid faculty, staff or student Husky ID is required for entry, and to remain in the building, after regular service hours.
- Check in for guest passes, reciprocal borrowers, and those without their Husky Card ends 30 minutes prior to the time services close.
View/print complete hours for the 2019-2020 academic year (PDF)
Research Help (Drop-in hours)
School of Law Library at Northeastern
Nighttime Safety Escort Information
Northeastern’s Public Safety Division provides an on-campus personal safety escort service twenty-four hours a day, seven days a week. Call the Northeastern University Police at (617) 373-2121. Tell them your name, Northeastern ID number, exact location, and destination.
Public Safety also provides an off-campus shuttle escort from Snell Library to return to your off-campus apartment between dusk and dawn. This university-operated shuttle is free and provides drop off service to locations within two miles of the center of the campus. To use this escort service, students MUST book a ride in advance using the Transloc Rider App OR using the web portal if they have no access to a phone.
Instructions and details at Northeastern's Public Safety web site.