Requesting Physical Items
Items can be requested both from the Library's own collection located in the Remote Annex as well as through Interlibrary Loan
- For requesting physical items from the Remote Annex please see information here.
- For requesting physical items through Interlibrary Loan please see information here.
- When requesting items from either the Remote Annex or Interlibrary Loan, please prepare for a 1-2 week turnaround time.
- Annex Items (books and media) : Faculty and Graduate students - 90 days ; Staff and Undergraduates - 28 days. Up to 3 renewals periods for all patrons (unless title has been requested by another patron or recalled)
- Reserves : typically 3 hours, and must remain in library (item specific loan period can be found in back cover of item). Reserve items non-renewable
- Interlibrary Loan : Loan periods are dictated by the lending institution. Please log in to your ILLiad account or check paper banding around loan for due date and renewal options.
- To request renewals or check the status of your loans (including the due date), please log into your Library account.
All loaned items can now be returned at the Help & Information desk upon entering the library. If you would prefer to not enter the building, returns can also be placed in the large bin to the left upon entering the first set of doors (before the turnstiles)
What if an item is returned late?
There is a 3-day grace period before fines are charged on all items except reserves.
- Annex (books and media) and Interlibrary Loans : $.25 per day ($10 maximum)
- Reserves : $1.00 per hour ($25 maximum)
If items are overdue for more than 40 days, you may incur additional lost item charges. The library reserves the right to block your account for excessive fines or failure to return items needed by other borrowers.