To view the University's Records Management Policy, please visit the "University Record Retention and Disposition" site on SharePoint (Faculty and staff please use your NUNet credentials. The site is also accessible through myNEU > Services and Links > Faculty/Staff > University Record Retention and Disposition). If you have any questions, please contact the Office of Compliance and Risk Services (insurance [at] neu.edu).
The Office of Compliance and Risk Services (insurance [at] neu.edu) assists University offices in determining which records to keep and which to discard. The following sections provide guidelines for the management of University records:
- Principles of Records Management - Background information about records management at Northeastern University.
- Planning for Records Management - A guide for planning an efficient filing system and management program for your records.
- Conducting a Records Survey - Procedure for completing an inventory of existing departmental records.
- Schedules for Retention and Disposition - Lists of common records types and the time period that they must be retained before they are sent to the University Archives or destroyed.
- Transferring Records to the Archives - Step-by-Step instructions for sending records to the University Archives, or arranging for their destruction.
- Glossary - Common records management terms and their definitions.
- Email: What to Keep - A guide to identify emails as records.