Terms & Conditions 2018
- shall mean an individual who is authorized by Northeastern University to access Northeastern’s information services available through Northeastern’s Secure Network and who is:
If the Licensee is an academic or educational institution: (i) affiliated with the Licensee as a current student, faculty member, library patron, employee or contractor; or (ii) physically present on the Northeastern’s premises ; (iii) valid ID holders of Northeastern, regardless of the physical location of such persons.
For each Licensed Work, respectively, Oxford University Press grants Northeastern the non-exclusive and non-transferable right of access and subject to any Concurrency Restriction(s) and the terms of the Legal Notice for that Licensed Work (including any Usage Rights specified in the Legal Notice) to allow Authorized Users at the Sites for the purposes of research, teaching, and private study to:
- access the Server by means of a Secure Network in order to search the Licensed Work and to view, retrieve, and display portions thereof
- save and print out single copies of portions of the Licensed Work;
- as an academic institution, incorporate links to the Licensed Work in electronic course packs, electronic reserves, and course management systems for use in connection with courses offered by Northeastern for academic credit provided that no person other than an Authorized User may use such links
- as an academic institution, carry out Non-Commercial Text And Data Mining in relation to the Licensed Work or portions thereof, including making and storing copies provided that:
- such copies are made and stored only to the extent necessary for the purposes of such computational analysis
- such copies are not transferred to any other person or used for any other purpose
- such copies are destroyed once they are no longer necessary for the relevant computational analysis
- the Authorized Users acknowledge the use of the Licensed Work if any results of the computational analysis are published; and
- the Authorized Users comply with all Licensor usage policies communicated to them or made available to them, including without limitation any security measures and conditions of access;
- and, except as permitted by law, in all cases other than an academic institution carrying out Non-Commercial Text And Data Mining, the Authorized Users shall not carry out any Text And Data Mining without Oxford’s prior consent in writing;
- transmit links to the Licensed Work to other Authorized Users
- provide print or electronic copies of all or any part of the Licensed Work to national or international regulatory authorities for the purposes of, or in anticipation of, regulatory approval and/or trademark applications or other regulatory purposes in respect of the Northeastern’s products or services
- transmit to a third-party colleague in hard copy or electronically, minimal, insubstantial amounts of the Licensed Materials for personal, scholarly, educational, or scientific research or professional use but in no case for monetary cause
It is acknowledged that such access and use of the Licensed Works shall be subject to Fair Use and nothing in this Agreement will limit the Authorized Users’ rights to make Fair Use of the Licensed Works.
For the avoidance of doubt the Licensee, Authorized Users may not:
- remove or alter Licensor’s copyright notices or other means of identification or disclaimers as they appear in the Licensed Works
- systematically make multiple printed or electronic copies of portions of the Licensed Works for any purpose except as permitted by law or as authorized by Oxford
- display or distribute any part of the Licensed Works on any electronic network, including without limitation, the Internet and the World Wide Web, other than the Secure Network;
- permit anyone other than Authorized Users to access or use the Licensed Works; except as permitted above
- use all or any part of the Licensed Works for any Commercial Use.