Authorized users are any employee or student of Northeastern University and individuals on the Library’s premise who are authorized to use the service.
Each Authorized User may:
- Display the Materials on screen
- Make printouts of Materials and items included in the Materials using the printing commands contained in the Service
- Download and store in machine-readable format a single copy of insubstantial portions of the Materials primarily for the exclusive use of the authorized user.
Restrictions on Use of New Scientist
Authorized Users may NOT:
- Make the Service or any Materials available to unauthorized users by any means
- Re-sell the Service or any Materials to any other person
- Decompile, disassemble or reserve engineer any of the software programs, databases, or other systems comprising the Service
- Use the Service or any Material for any illegal purpose, nor send or post any information via the Service which is defamatory or obscene or which violates the legal rights of others
- Use the Service to send any unsolicited promotional or advertising material or any volume messages which may interfere with the provision of the Service or the use of the Service by others.
- Obscure or remove any copyright notices that appear on any Materials printed from the Service
- Use any of New Scientist’s trade mark or logos without its prior written consent
- Create any competing product or service using any of the Materials or information provided by New Scientist via the Service