Authorized Users are: currently registered students, employees, independent contractors, affiliated researchers, consultants, and staff officially affiliated with Northeastern University, persons with legal access to Northeastern’s Secure Network, and “walk-in users” using computers located in the Northeastern libraries. Authorized Users may be persons remote from Northeastern’s physical locations.
- Search, view, retrieve and display the content of the Journal
- Electronically save parts of the Journal for personal use only
- Print off single copies of parts of the Journal for personal use
- Distribute a single copy of individual articles or items of the Journal in print or electronic form to other Authorized Users for their personal use
- Post single copies of the Journal on internal servers or websites accessible only to Authorized Users via the Secure Network
- Medical Information: Authorized Users may: Supply print or electronic copies of individual articles or parts of articles taken from the Journal in response to enquiries from third parties for Medical Information purposes. Copies supplied under this clause must carry without modification copyright notices already incorporated in the Journal. This explicitly excludes any use for document delivery services or pay-per-view services or any other replacement of a subscription or a reprint service for marketing/sales purposes. Third parties shall be defined as: healthcare professionals. Medical information is defined as: accurate and relevant information about Northeastern University products
Nothing in this License shall in any way exclude, modify or affect any of Northeastern Authorized Users' rights under the copyright laws of the United States.
Authorized users may NOT:
- remove or alter the authors’ names or the Publisher’s copyright notices or other means of identification or disclaimers as they appear in the Journal
- except as specifically permitted above, systematically make print or electronic copies of multiple extracts of the Journal for any purpose
- except as specifically permitted above, mount or distribute any part of the Journal on any electronic network, including without limitation the Internet and the World Wide Web, other than the Secure Network.
The Publisher’s explicit written permission must be obtained in order to:
- use all or any part of the Journal for any Commercial Use, except as specifically permitted above
- except as specifically permitted above, systematically distribute the whole or any part of the Journal to anyone other than Authorized Users;
- publish, distribute or make available the Journal, works based on the Journal or works which combine them with any other material, other than as mentioned above
- alter, abridge, adapt or modify the Journal, except to the extent necessary to make them perceptible on a computer screen to Authorized Users. For the avoidance of doubt, no alteration of the words or their order is permitted.