Authorized Users--- (i) Members of the faculty and other staff of the Affiliated Sites (whether on a permanent, temporary, contract or visiting basis) employed at the Affiliated Sites' Premises; (ii) individuals who are enrolled at the Affiliated Sites and are permitted to access the Secure Network from within the Library Premises or from such other places where Authorized Users work or study (including but not limited to Authorized Users' offices and homes, halls of residence and student dormitories) and who have been issued a password or other authentication from the Sites; and (iii) other persons legally entitled to access the Secure Network from computer terminals located in the Affiliated Sites' Libraries.
- Allow Authorized Users to have access to the Licensed Materials from the Server via the Secure Network;
- Provide single printed or electronic copies of individual articles to Authorized Users at the request of individual Authorized Users;
- Displaym display, download, or print the Licensed Materials for the purpose of training Authorized Users;
- Search, view, retrieve, and display the Licensed Materials;
- Electronically save individual articles or items of the Licensed Materials for ~uthorized Users' own research or study;
- Print copies of excerpts from the Licensed Materials for Authorized Users' own research or study; and
- Distribute copies of individual articles from the Licensed Materials in print or electronic form to other Authorized Users (for the avoidance of doubt, this sub-clause shall include the distribution of a copy for teaching purposes to each individual student Authorized User in a class at the Licensee's Academic Institution).
- Northeastern University may incorporate articles or portions of articles from the Licensed Materials into printed Course Packs and Electronic Reserve collections for the use of Authorized Users in the course of instruction at the Licensee's institution, provided that such Course Packs and Electronic Reserve Collections are not used for any Commercial Use. Each such article or portion of an article shall carry appropriate acknowledgement of the source of such article or portion of an article. Such acknowledgement will contain the name of the author of the applicable article, the title of the article, and the phrase "Originally published in The Journal of Immunology." Course Packs in non- electronic, non-print perceptible form, such as audio or Braille, may also be offered to Authorized Users who, in the reasonable opinion of the Licensee, are visually impaired. This allowance includes the right to link to Licensed Content via course software on the Unviersity’s secure server.
- Removing or altering the authors' names or the Publisher's copyright notices or other means of identification or disclaimers as they appear in the Licensed Materials;
- Making print or electronic copies of the Licensed Materials for any purpose (except as allowed above)
- Posting or distributing any part of the Licensed Material on any electronic network other than the Secure Network, including without limitation, the Internet and the World Wide Web;
- Charge for a copy (electronic or otherwise), other than an administrative copying fee, of any article, file, or material obtained from the Licensed Material;
- Systematically or programmatically downloading (for example, downloading entire journal issues) articles, files, or material obtained from the Licensed Material; or
- The Publisher's prior written consent must be obtained in order to:
- Use all or any part of the Licensed Materials for any Commercial Use;
- Distribute all or any part of the Licensed Materials to anyone other than Authorized Users excdpt as allowed under “fair use”
- Publish, distribute, or make available the Licensed Materials, or create any derivative works from the Licensed Materials, other than as permitted in this Agreement;
- Alter, abridge, adapt, or modify the Licensed Materials, except to the extent necessary to make them perceptible on a computer screen to Authorized Users; and
- Make such temporary local electronic copies by means of caching or mirrored storage of all or part of the Licensed Materials as are necessary for indexing.