Authorized users are defined as: Current members of the faculty and other staff of the Licensee’s Licensed Premises (whether on a permanent, temporary, contract or visiting basis) and individuals who are currently studying at the Licensee’s Licensed Premises, who are permitted to access the Secure Network from within the Licensed Premises or from such other places where Authorized Users work or study (including but not limited to Authorized Users’ offices and homes, halls of residence and student dormitories). Also, persons who are permitted to use the Licensee’s library or information service and access the Secure Network but only from computer terminals within the Licensee’s library. (Known as “walk-in use”.)
Authorised Users may:
- Search, view, retrieve and display the Licensed Materials.
- Electronically save individual articles or items of the Licensed Materials for personal use.
- Print off a copy of parts of the Licensed Materials.
- Distribute a copy of individual articles or items of the Licensed Materials in print or electronic form to other Authorised Users; for the avoidance of doubt, this includes the distribution of a copy for teaching purposes to each individual Authorised User in a class at Northeastern.
- Provide links to content within course management software (e.g. Blackboard) whereby content may only be accessed by current, registered class participants.
Authorized Users may not:
- Remove or alter the authors’ names or the Publisher’s copyright notices or other means of identification or disclaimers as they appear in the Licensed Materials.
- Mount or distribute any part of the Licensed Material on any electronic network, including without limitation the Internet and the World Wide Web, other than the Secure Network.
Systematically download beyond normal using, for example:
- downloading with download support software
- downloading substantially all of any one volume.
The Publisher’s explicit written permission must be obtained in order for the Licensee or any Authorized User to:
- Use all or any part of the Licensed Materials for any Commercial Use.
- Systematically distribute the whole or any part of the Licensed Materials to anyone other than Authorized Users.
- Publish, distribute or make available the Licensed Materials, works based on the Licensed Materials or works which combine them with any other material, other than as permitted in this License .
- Alter, abridge, adapt or modify the Licensed Materials, except to the extent necessary to make them perceptible on a computer screen to Authorized Users. For the avoidance of doubt, no alteration of the words or their order is permitted.
December 20, 2010