Connect to Gale Virtual Reference Library (Current NU Only)
"Authorized Users" are employees, staff, students and registered patrons affiliated with Northeastern University and persons with legal access to Northeastern University’s collections and facilities onsite ("walk-ins") and persons remote ("remote users'') from Northeastern’s physical location whose access is authenticated by a secure server or other systems from Northeastern's site or campus.
- Authorized Users may download, display, view and print and/or make limited paper or electronic copies of citations, abstracts, full text or portions of Licensed Content for internal business purposes and for Authorized Users' educational research and personal non-commercial use only.
- Authorized Users may incorporate parts of the Licensed Content in electronic course packs and electronic reserve collections for the use by Authorized Users but not for printed (hard) copy versions of course packs, commercial use or resale. Each such item shall carry appropriate acknowledgement of the source, listing title and author of the extract, title and author of the work and the publisher. Course packs in non-electronic non-print perceptible form, such as audio or Braille, may also be offered to visually impaired Authorized Users. Authorized Users shall delete or destroy all copies of such items when they are no longer used for such purposes.
- Authorized Users may provide electronic links to the Licensed Content from Northeastern’s web page(s). Gale will assist Licensee upon request in creating such links effectively. Licensee shall make changes -in the appearance of such links and/or statements accompanying such links as reasonably requested by Gale.
- Authorized Users may transmit to a third party individual in hard copy or electronically, minimal, insubstantial portions of the Licensed Content for personal, scholarly or educational use, or scientific research but in no event may any Licensed Content be used or transmitted for commercial purposes.
- In addition, Authorized Users have the right to use, with appropriate attribution to Gale, figures, tables and brief excerpts from the Licensed Content in the Authorized User's own scientific, scholarly and educational works.
- Authorized Users who remotely access the Licensed Content may do so from home or another location, provided, that proper security procedures are undertaken by the Licensee that will prevent remote access by unauthorized users.
The Authorized User Shall Not:
- use the Licensed Content as a component of, or a basis for, a directory, database, or other publication prepared for sale, exchange, barter or transfer, rent, lease, loan, resell for profit, distribute, alter or in any other manner commercially exploit any data or documentation received from the Licensed Content.
- reproduce, copy, modify, distribute, display, transfer, sublicense, prepare derivative work(s) based on, sell, exchange, barter or transfer, rent, lease, loan, resell, or in any other manner exploit the Product or Product;
- remove, obscure or alter any notice of Gale's intellectual property rights present on or in the Product therein, including, but not limited to, copyright, trademark and/or patent notices;
- disassemble, decompile, translate, reverse engineer or otherwise reduce the Product therein.