Connect to Embase (Current NU Only)
Authorized Users are the full-time and part-time students, faculty, staff and researchers of Northeastern University and individuals who are independent contractors or are employed by independent contractors of Northeastern affiliated with the Northeastern’s locations and individuals using computer terminals within the library facilities at Northeastern permitted by the Subscriber to access the Subscribed Products for purposes of personal research, education or other non-corporate use (“Walk- in Users”).
Authorized Users who are individuals who are independent contractors or are employed by independent contractors may use Embase only for the purposes of the contracted work for Northeastern University.
Each Authorized User may:
- access, search, browse and view Embase
- print, download and store a reasonable portion of individual items from Embase for the exclusive use of such Authorized User
- incorporate links to Embase on Northeastern’s intranet and internet websites and in electronic course packs, reserves, reading lists, and course management systems and instructor websites, provided that the appearance of such links and/or statements accompanying such links will be changed as reasonably requested by Elsevier
Restrictions on Use of Subscribed Products.
Except as expressly stated above or otherwise permitted in writing by Elsevier, Northeastern and its Authorized Users may not:
- abridge, modify, translate or create any derivative work based on Embase, except to the extent necessary to make them perceptible on a computer screen to Authorized Users
- remove, obscure or modify in any way any copyright notices, other notices or disclaimers as they appear in Embase
- use any robots, spiders, crawlers or other automated downloading programs, algorithms or devices to continuously and automatically search, scrape, extract, deep link, index or disrupt the working of Embase
- substantially or systematically reproduce, retain, store locally, redistribute or disseminate online Embase content
- post individual items from Embase on social networking sites.