Cambridge University Press E-books –April 2014
Authorized Users for this resource are defined as: “Current members of the faculty and other staff or Members of Northeastern’s institution (whether on a permanent, temporary, contract or visiting basis) and individuals who are currently studying at Northeastern University, who are permitted to access the University’s Secure Network from within the Library or from such other places where Authorized Users work or study… together with other persons who are permitted to use the Library or information service and permitted to access the Secure Network but only from computer terminals with the University Library (walk-ins).
Authorized Users may:
- Access, search, view, retrieve and display Cambridge content for personal use only
- May copy and paste one chapter of each title, for personal use only, during any given four-week period
- May print one chapter of each title during any given four-week period
- Nothing in this agreement shall in any way exclude, modify or affect any of of the Authorized Users rights under applicable copyright law
Authorized Users may not:
- Remove or alter the authors’ names or the Publishers’ copyright notices or other means of identification or disclaimers as they appear in the Cambridge content
- Download, mount or distribute all or any part of Cambridge content to the Secure Network, or to any other electronic network, including without limitation the Internet and the World Wide Web.
- Engage in systematic copying or downloading of Cambridge content or transmit any part of Cambridge content by any means to any unauthorized user.
- Allow copies of Cambridge content to be stored or accessed by an unauthorized user
- Alter, abridge, adapt or modify Cambridge content except to the extent necessary to provide access to Authorized Users.
- Reverse engineer, decompile, disassemble or otherwise alter software
- Make Cambridge content available in any other form or medium or create derivative works without the written permission of Cambridge University Press
The Publisher’s explicit written permission must be obtained in order to:
- Use all or any part of the Cambridge content for any Commercial Use
- Distribute Cambridge content or any part of Cambridge content to anyone other than an Authorized User
- Publish, distribute or make available Cambridge content, works based on Cambridge content or works which combine them with any other material, other than as indicated above.