American Geophysical Union
Connect to: American Geophysical Union Journals
Authorized users are defined as: Current members of the faculty and other staff of Northeastern University (whether on a permanent, temporary, contract or visiting basis) and individuals who are currently studying at the University who are permitted to access the Secure Network from within the University's Premises or from such other places where Authorized Users work or study (including but not limited to Authorized Users' offices and homes, halls of residence and student dormitories) and who have been issued by the University with a password or other authentication for remote access, together with other persons who are permitted to use the University's library or information service and access the Secure Network but only from computer terminals within University's Premises.
Authorized Users may, in accordance with the copyright laws of the United States and subject to the prohibited uses listed below:
- Search, view, retrieve and display the AGU licensed content.
- Electronically save individual articles or items of the AGU licensed content for personal use.
- Print off a copy of parts of the AGU licensed content.
- Distribute a copy of individual articles or items of the AGU licensed content in print to other Authorized Users; for the avoidance of doubt, this sub-clause shall include the distribution of a copy for teaching purposes to each individual student Authorized User in a class at Northeastern University.
- Use figures, tables, and short quotes from the AGU licensed content for republication in scientific books and journals so long as all sources are cited appropriately.
- Nothing in this License shall in any way exclude, modify or affect any of the University's or Authorized Users' statutory rights under the copyright laws of the United States.
Authorized Users may NOT:
- remove or alter the authors' names or the Publisher's copyright notices or other means of identification or disclaimers as they appear in the AGU licensed content;
- systematically make print or electronic copies of multiple extracts of the AGU licensed content for any purpose;
- provide, by electronic means, to a user at another library or elsewhere, a retained electronic copy of any part of the AGU licensed content;
mount or distribute any part of the Licensed Material on any electronic network, including without limitation the Internet and the World Wide Web, other than the Secure Network.
The Publisher's explicit written permission must be obtained in order to:
- use all or any part of the Licensed Materials for any Commercial Use;
- systematically distribute the whole or any part of the Licensed Materials to anyone other than Authorized Users;
- publish, distribute or make available the Licensed Materials, works based on the Licensed Materials or works which combine them with any other material, other than as permitted in this License;
- alter, abridge, adapt or modify the Licensed Materials, except to the extent necessary to make them perceptible on a computer screen or as otherwise permitted in this License, to Authorized Users. For the avoidance of doubt, no alteration of the words or their order is permitted.