Chronicle of Higher Education Online
Current Northeastern faculty, staff and students have free access to the Chronicle one of three ways:
On-campus networks: Connect directly to the Chronicle web site at https://www.chronicle.com
Anywhere, with your myNortheastern username and password:
- Use this link off-campus https://link.ezproxy.neu.edu/login?url=https://www.chronicle.com
- Optionally, you can use a browser plugin that customizes any journal URL the library subscribes to, allowing access with your myNortheastern username and password. See the library bookmarklet here.
Anywhere, by setting up a personal Chronicle account: Set up a free personal account here using your Northeastern email address. (Northeastern faculty, staff and students)
- With a web browser, sign in with your personal account and password. No special URL or plugin necessary.
- Alternatively, download the Chronicle app for your device, and use your personal account for setup.
Using a mobile device app: Set up a free personal account here using your Northeastern email address. (Northeastern faculty, staff and students)
- click on Create a Free Account.
- Submit the appropriate information being requested-you must use your Northeastern email address. You will also be required to create a password. This is not your myNortheastern password, so it can be whatever you want it to be.
- Once you have created your free account, download The Chronicle of Higher Education app from your app store.
- You will be required to login using your free account credentials (Northeastern email and Chronicle password).
- The Chronicle will appear on your device. You can read current issues, or download and read archived editions later.