Requesting Physical Items
Items can be requested both from the Library's own collection located in the Remote Annex as well as through Interlibrary Loan
- For requesting physical items from the Remote Annex please see information here.
- For requesting physical items through Interlibrary Loan please see information here.
- When requesting items from either the Remote Annex or Interlibrary Loan, please prepare for a 1-3 week turnaround time due to quarantining periods and staff shortages onsite.
Contactless Pickup of Physical Requests
After requesting an item from the Annex or Interlibrary Loan you will receive an email notification when it is available for pickup. Please follow the instructions below:
- Items can be picked up within Snell Library during business hours. Hold shelves are in the former Hub on the first floor.
- Items will be placed in paper bags and shelved alphabetically by last name (as it was listed in your notification email). Please make sure to pick up the correct bag.
- Items will already be checked out to you. To request renewals or check the status of your loans (including the due date), please log into your Library account.
- Checked out items will remain on the hold shelf for the duration of the loan or until the hold is picked up.
All loaned items can be returned to the bins located directly inside of Snell Library's front doors next to the Alumni Reading Room.
- To request renewals or check the status of your loans (including the due date), please log into your Library account.
- Please allow 1-2 weeks for items to clear from your library account due to quarantining periods and staff shortages onsite.
- If you are unable to return items in-person to Snell Library, please contact circulation [at] northeastern.edu.