Snell Library will be closed until further notice as part of Northeastern University’s response to the COVID-19 virus.
For information about the University's response to the COVID-19 virus visit news.northeastern.edu/coronavirus.
Northeastern University Library services are available online. Our staff remains dedicated to providing research assistance to students, faculty, and staff using new and existing remote services.
Research Materials and Resources
- Scholar OneSearch (SOS): Find and access electronic books and journal/newspaper articles
- Research subject guides
- Digital Repository Service
- Digitized collections of the Northeastern University Library Archives and Special Collections
- Interlibrary loan of electronic materials
- Have a quick question? Text us at 617-934-7876
- Send us your question via email/webform
- Online chat (available 24/7)
- Contact your subject librarian or library specialist
The following services are currently unavailable:
- Interlibrary loan of physical materials
- In-person library consultations
- Requests for Remote Annex items
Return of Physical Materials (either in-person or by mail)
- All in-person library services are currently suspended. Please do not mail or attempt to return any physical library materials as staff are unavailable onsite to receive them. Library fees should not accrue during this time. If there is a fee associated with your items, we will waive those fees once the library service desk re-opens.
- For questions regarding any ITS equipment check outs, please contact the ITS department directly at 617-373-HELP.
*Please note that other public and academic libraries and institutions may invoke similar closures due to the COVID-19 situation.