We work with Northeastern instructors to support courses and research for undergraduate and graduate students.
* Request a library session for your class today! *
Learn more about class sessions and workshops
We offer customized instruction and workshops:
- to find and explore the best print and electronic resources
- to evaluate information and determine if it meets project needs and requirements
- to organize information by assessing and using appropriate software
- to create new content: text-based, 3-D, and multimedia
- to engage in scholarship as a conversation through responsible, ethical communition
We can help you with planning effective assignments to promote information literacy.
Individual and Small Group Consultation
Schedule an appointment online with:
- your subject librarian, who specializes in research in your discipline
- a digital media specialist, who can help you plan and work with audio and video recordings
- our GIS (Geographic Information Systems) specialist, for planning and carrying out geographic or mapping projects
- our data analytics and visualization specialist for assistance with data structuring, analysis, and effective charts and graphs.
The library holds workshops open to the entire NU community on:
- Research databases and tools
- Creativity and editing software for audio and video
- 3D printing technology
View a list of upcoming workshops.
To request a tour of the Snell Library building for student groups or campus visitors, complete this form or contact c.oka [at] neu.edu (Christine Oka), Library Instruction Coordinator.
Online Research Tutorials
Our online research tutorials are designed to help students with common research questions. We can also develop custom tutorials for your class.
c.oka [at] neu.edu (Christine Oka)
Library Instruction Coordinator
Tel: (617) 373-3316