Authorized users are defined as: Northeastern University employees (including consultants and independent contractors) including faculty members (including temporary or exchange faculty for the duration of their assignment); matriculated and nonmatriculated students; registered distance learning students who are permitted to access the Secure Network from within the premises of Northeastern University and from such other places where Authorized users work or study, including without limitation halls of residence and homes of Authorized Users and who have been issued by Northeastern University with a password or other authentication. Northeastern University’s unaffiliated, walk-in library patrons ('Walk-In Users") may be granted access to the Knovel Service and Licensed Products only if such persons access the Knovel Service on site at one of the Subscriber's libraries.
Authorized Users may:
· search, view and browse the Licensed Products.
· print or download Limited Selections. Any printed or downloaded copies of Licensed Products are to be used for internal, educational purposes only and may not be sold, distributed or transferred to a third party. Materials printed or saved from Licensed Product may not, under any circumstances, be sold in any form
· All use of materials printed, downloaded or saved from the Licensed Product may be subject to U.S. or applicable international copyright laws. Uses beyond those permitted here, and not allowed by the "Fair Use" limitations of the U.S. Copyright Act of 1976 (17 U.S.C. § 107) require permission of the copyright holder of the applicable content.
· provide electronic links to the Licensed Product from Subscriber's webpage(s) and course management systems.
Authorized Users may NOT:
· Engage in Substantial or Systematic reproduction or distribution, meaning printing, downloading or saving in such quantities that it substitutes for access to the Knovel service
· Use the content for Commercial Use, meaning to sell, resell, loan, transfer hire or otherwise exploit the content
· share or store on file hosting sites (whether Subscriber or nonsubscriber Sites) or non-Subscriber servers
· may not remove, obscure, or modify Copyright notices, other notices, or disclaimers included in the Licensed Products in any way. Any use of Limited Selections from Knovel's Licensed Product must include the proper bibliographic citation, including author attribution, full title of the work from which the Limited Selection is taken, publisher, and the copyright date.
· post, modify or create a derivative work of content obtained from the Knovel Service without prior, express written consent from the copyright holder of content.
· misuse the Knovel Service to plagiarize or represent the work of others as their own.
· use the Knovel Service or any of its features for any unlawful purposes or to facilitate or encourage any unlawful act. Authorized Users may not upload, post, transmit or otherwise disseminate on or via the Knovel Service any of the following: (i) any material that is threatening, abusive, defamatory, vulgar, obscene, profane, or otherwise objectionable or unlawful; (ii) any materials protected by copyright, trademark, or other proprietary right without a valid license or other right to do so; (iii) any advertisement, solicitation, spam or similar type of information; (iv) any private, personally identifiable information regarding others. Any other use, including the reproduction, modification, distribution, transmission, republication, rehosting, tampering, framing, or embedding of the Knovel Service, or any Commercial Use whatsoever of the Knovel Service andlor the Licensed Product, is strictly prohibited without Knovel's prior written consent.
· reverse engineer, reverse assemble, reverse compile, decompile, disassemble, translate or otherwise alter any executable code, contents, or tools downloaded from or made available through the Knovel Service.
· use programs, scripts, code or other available methods to download or view multiple pages of content on the Knovel Service in an automated fashion. Neither Subscriber nor its Authorized Users may use robot, spider, scraper, or other automated means to access the Knovel Service for any purpose or bypass any measures Knovel may use to prevent or restrict access to the Knovel Service.
· under any circumstances, index the Knovel Service, the Licensed Product(s), or the Knovel site (www.knove!.com) by any means, whether now known or hereinafter invented. The Subscriber may, on behalf of its Authorized Users, index the content on the Knovel Service only with prior written approval from Knovel. Knovel may, at its own discretion, deny requests for indexing.
· incorporate all or any part of the material contained in the Licensed Product in course packs or electronic reserve collections without the prior written permission of the Publisher, who may set out further terms and conditions for such usage. Notwithstanding the foregoing, inclusion of links to the Licensed Product in electronic course packs or electronic reserve systems, whereby the Authorized User is linked directly to the Licensed Product, is allowed.
All rights save for the limited and non-exclusive license(s) or other privileges granted above are reserved to and remain the exclusive property of Knovel or its licensors, and nothing in this Agreement shall transfer any rights to Subscriber. The Knovel Service and all tools, features and content therein are protected by copyrights, moral rights, trademarks, service marks, patents, trade secrets, and other proprietary rights and laws, in the United States and internationally
· Authorized Users and Walk-In Users are subject to Knovel's Terms and Conditions, which are posted at http://why.knovel.com/terms-a-conditions.html (..User T&Cs").