Authorized Users are the full-time and part-time students, faculty, staff and researchers of Northeastern University and individuals who are independent contractors or are employed by independent contractors of Northeastern and individuals using computer terminals within the library facilities to access the Knovel for purposes of personal research, education or other non-corporate use (“Walk-in Users”).
Each Authorized User may:
· access, search, browse and view Knovel
· print, download and store a reasonable portion of individual items from Knovel for the exclusive use of such Authorized User
· incorporate links to the Subscribed Products on the Subscriber’s intranet and internet websites and in electronic course packs, reserves and course management systems and instructor websites, provided that the appearance of such links and/or statements accompanying such links will be changed as reasonably requested by Elsevier
· provide print or electronic copies of individual items from the Subscribed Products to other Authorized Users and to third-party colleagues for their scholarly or research use.
Restrictions on Use:
Except as expressly stated here or otherwise permitted in writing by Elsevier, Northeastern and its Authorized Users may not:
· abridge, modify, translate or create any derivative work based on Knovel, except to the extent necessary to make them perceptible on a computer screen to Authorized Users;
· remove, obscure or modify in any way any copyright notices, other notices or disclaimers as they appear in Knovel
· use any robots, spiders, crawlers or other automated downloading programs, algorithms or devices to continuously and automatically search, scrape, extract, deep link, index or disrupt the working of Knovel
· substantially or systematically reproduce, retain, redistribute or disseminate Knovel content
· post individual items from Knovel on social networking sites
· incorporate all or any part of the Knovel Subscribed Products in course packs or electronic reserve collections without the prior written permission of the content owner.
To be clear – you may link to the content for course pack or e-reserve use, but you may not download copies of the content to other platforms or sites.
Authorized Users who are individuals who are independent contractors or are employed by independent contractors may use the Subscribed Products only for the purposes of the contracted research work for the Subscriber.