These terms also apply to the Encyclopedia of Life Sciences.
Authorized Users are defined as - Authorized Users must be current bona fide faculty members, students, researchers, staff members, librarians, executives or employees of the Licensee, or contractors engaged by the Licensee, provided such contractors have been informed of, and agree to abide by, the Terms and Conditions of Use set forth herein and they access Wiley Online Library via the Licensee's Secure Network. Walk-in Users from the general public may also be permitted by the Licensee to access Wiley Online Library from designated terminals with a Licensee-controlled IP address. These designated terminals shall be physically located inlibraries or similar physical premises directly controlled by the Licensee.
• Wiley grants to the Licensee and its Authorized Users, during the Term as defined below, a non exclusive, non-transferable right and license to access, via Wiley Online Library, the full text and other material such as datasets published online in Wiley Online Library for the Licensed Electronic Products as listed in the Appendices attached hereto as may be amended from time to time.
• In addition, Authorized Users will have access to all available tables of contents, article abstracts, chapter summaries and associated websites for all Electronic Products on Wiley Online Library.
• The number of the Authorized Users who may simultaneously access Wiley Online Library is unlimited.
• The Licensee acknowledges that the Electronic Products and Wiley Online Library and the Intellectual Property Rights contained therein are protected by law. All rights not specifically licensed herein to the Licensee are expressly reserved by Wiley.
TERMS AND CONDITIONS OF USE
• The rights and restrictions governing access to Wiley Online Library and the Electronic Products by the Licensee and its Authorized Users are outlined in the Terms and Conditions of Use below.
• Authorized Users may download, search, retrieve, display and view, copy and save to Secure Network or other electronic storage media and store or print out single copies of individual articles, chapters or entries in the Licensed Electronic Products for the Authorized User's own personal use, scholarly, educational or scientific research or internal business use. Authorized Users may also transmit such material to a third-party colleague in hard copy or electronically, for personal use or scholarly, educational, or scientific research or professional use but in no case for re-sale, systematic distribution, e.g. posting on a listserve, network (including scientific social networks) or automated delivery, or for any other use. In addition, Authorized Users have the right to use, with appropriate credit, figures, tables and brief excerpts from individual articles, chapters or other entries from the Licensed Electronic Products in the Authorized User's own scientific, scholarly and educational works such as books and atticles.
• All Authorized Users have the option to create a My Profile Page, which will allow them to create data files and links to atticles, chapters and entries of interest in the Licensed Electronic Products, and search criteria, which may be reused by them. In order to do so, the Authorized User will have to select and register a user name and password which the Authorized User must keep confidential and not disclose to or share with anyone else.
• The Licensee and its Authorized Users may create links to Wiley Online Library from their Online Public Access Catalog (OPAC) records, library catalogs, link resolvers, locally hosted databases or library web pages, provided those links are operated by the Licensee on a Secure Network, do not result in access to licensed content by anyone other than Authorized Users, and are not used in connection with any paid or commercial service or for any other commercial use whatsoever.
• Authorized Users who are members of the Licensee's faculty or staff may download and print out multiple copies of material from Licensed Electronic Products for the purpose of making a multi-source collection of information for classroom use (course-pack) or a virtual learning environment, to be distributed to students at the Licensee's institution free of charge or at a cost-based fee. Material from Licensed Electronic Products may also be stored in electronic format in secure electronic data files for access by Authorized Users who are students at the Licensee's institution, as part of their course work, so long as reasonable access control methods are employed such as user name and password.
• Except as provided above, Authorized Users may not copy, distribute, transmit or otherwise reproduce, sell, or resell material from the Electronic Products; store such material in any form or medium in a retrieval system; or transmit such material, directly or indirectly, for use in any paid service such as document delivery or list serve, or for use by any information brokerage or for systematic distribution, whether or not for commercial or non-profit use, or for a fee or free of charge.
• The Licensee and its Authorized Users may not remove, obscure or modify any copyright or proprietary notices, author attribution or any disclaimer as they appear on Wiley Online Library. Authorized Users may not integrate material from the Electronic Products with other material or otherwise create derivative works in any medium. However, brief quotations for purposes of comment, criticism or similar scholarly purposes are not prohibited herein.
• Authorized Users may not do anything to restrict or inhibit any other Authorized User's access to or use of Wiley Online Library and the Licensed Electronic Products.
• If an Authorized User fails to abide by these Terms and Conditions of Use or other terms of this License, Wiley reserves the right in its sole discretion to suspend or terminate such Authorized User's access to Wiley Online Library and the Licensed Electronic Products immediately without notice, in addition to any other available remedies. Except in the case of a material breach which Wiley deems dangerous to the integrity and security of Wiley Online Library, or for a breach which, if not immediately remedied, is likely in Wiley's opinion to continue to cause damage, Wiley shall give prior written notice to the Licensee of its intention to terminate such Authorized User's access and shall allow the Licensee and/or the Authorized User 30 days after receipt of such notice to cure the breach or agree to abide by the terms and conditions of this License.
• Neither the Licensee nor any Authorized User shall have the right to incorporate any material from the Licensed Electronic Products into any institutional or other repository. Author agreements are separately negotiated with Wiley and include provisions about what authors may and may not do with respect to materials authored by them and published by Wiley.