Note: Authorized Users are defined as: Current members of the faculty, staff (whether on a permanent, temporary or contract basis), students and contractors of Northeastern University who are permitted to access the Secure Network from within the University’s Premises or from such other places where Authorized Users undertake their work for Northeastern (including but not limited to Authorized Users’ offices and homes) and who have been issued by the University with a password or other authentication together with Walk in users who are permitted to use the University’s Library and access to the Secure Network but only from computer terminals within the Library premises.
Authorized Users may:
Search, view, retrieve and display the Licensed Materials.
- Electronically save parts of the Licensed Materials for personal use.
- Print off single copies of parts of the Licensed Materials.
- Distribute single copies of parts of the Licensed Materials in print or electronic form to other Authorized Users.
- Nothing in this Licence shall in any way exclude, modify or affect any of the Licensee’s rights under copyright law.
Authorized Users may not:
- Remove or alter the authors’ names or the Publisher’s copyright notices or other means of identification or disclaimers as they appear in the Licensed Materials;
- Systematically make print or electronic copies of multiple extracts of the Licensed Materials for any purpose;
- Provide, by electronic means, to a user at another library or elsewhere, a retained electronic copy of any part of the Licensed Materials;
- Mount or distribute any part of the Licensed Material on any electronic network, including without limitation the Internet and the World Wide Web.
The Publisher’s explicit written permission must be obtained in order to:
- Use all or any part of the Licensed Materials for any Commercial Use
- Systematically distribute the whole or any part of the Licensed Materials to anyone other than Authorized Users;
- Publish, distribute or make available the Licensed Materials, works based on the Licensed Materials or works which combine them with any other material, other than as permitted in this Licence;
- Alter, abridge, adapt or modify the Licensed Materials, except to the extent necessary to make them perceptible on a computer screen or as otherwise permitted in this Licence, to Authorized Users. For the avoidance of doubt, no alteration of the words or their order is permitted.