Authorized users are:
- current members of the faculty and other staff of the University (whether on a permanent, temporary, contract or visiting basis) employed at University
- individuals who are enrolled at the University who are permitted to access the Secure Network from within the Library Premises or from such other places where Authorized Users work or study (including but not limited to Authorized Users. offices and homes, halls of residence and student dormitories) and who have been issued a password or other authentication from the University
- other persons who access the Secure Network from computer terminals within the Library Premises and are permitted to use the Library Premises.
Authorized Users may:
- Search, view, retrieve and display the Licensed Materials.
- Electronically save parts of the Licensed Materials for personal use only, as per section 107 of the 1976 Copyright Law, which outlines the guidelines for fair use.
- Print off single copies of parts of the Licensed Materials for personal use, as per Section 107 of the 1976 Copyright Law, which outlines the guidelines for fair use.
- Nothing in this License shall in any way exclude, modify or affect any of the Licensee’s rights under Copyright Revision Act 1976 as amended subsequently provided that such rights are exercised in accordance with Section 108 of the Act and with the guidelines developed by the National Commission on New Technological Uses of Copyrighted Works (CONTU Guidelines) and published in U.S. Copyright Office Circular 21.
Neither the University nor Authorized Users may:
- remove or alter the authors names or the Publisher’s copyright notices or other means of identification or disclaimers as they appear in the Licensed Materials
- systematically make print or electronic copies of multiple extracts of the Licensed Materials for any purpose
- mount or distribute any part of the Licensed Material on any electronic network, including without limitation the Internet and the World Wide Web, other than the Secure Network
The Publisher’s explicit written permission must be obtained in order to:
- use all or any part of the Licensed Materials for any Commercial Use
- systematically distribute the whole or any part of the Licensed Materials to anyone other than Authorized Users
- publish, distribute or make available the Licensed Materials, works based on the Licensed Materials or works that combine them with any other material, other than as permitted in this License
- alter, abridge, adapt or modify the Licensed Materials, except to the extent necessary to make it viewed on a computer screen to Authorized Users. For the avoidance of doubt, no alteration of the words or their order is permitted.
- For the avoidance of doubt, the University may not incorporate all or any part of the Licensed Materials in Course Packs and Electronic Reserve collections without the prior written permission of the Publisher, which may set out further terms and conditions for such usage.