Cambridge University Press
Authorized Users for this resource are defined as: “Current members of the faculty and other staff… and individuals who are currently studying at (Northeastern)…together with other persons who are permitted to…access the Secure Network but only from computer terminals within the (Northeastern University Libraries)”.
Authorized Users may:
- Search, view, retrieve and display Historical Statistics of the United States (HSUS)
- Electronically save individual parts of HSUS (such as tables and sections of text) for personal use
- Print off a copy of parts of HSUS for personal use
- Distribute a copy of individual parts of HSUS (such as tables and sections of text) in print or electronic form to other Authorized Users for their personal use; this does include distribution of a copy for teaching purposes to each individual student Authorized User in a class at Northeastern University
- Licensed materials may be used in electronic Course Packs and for Electronic Reserve for the use of Authorized Users only in the course of instruction at Northeastern University, but not for Commercial Use. Each item shall carry appropriate acknowledgement of the source, listing title and author, copyright notice & publisher. Copies of these items will be deleted when they are no longer used for such purpose.
Authorized Users may not :
- Remove or alter the authors names or the Publisher's copyright notices or other means of identification or disclaimers as they appear in HSUS
- Systematically make print copies of extracts from HSUS or systematically make electronic copies other than for electronic Course packs and electronic reserves (see above).
- Mount or distribute any part of the Licensed content on any electronic network, including the Internet and the World Wide Web other than on the University's secure network.
- Make the electronic version of HSUS available for InterLibrary Loan
- Alter, abridge, adapt or modify HSUS except to the extent necessary to provide access to Authorized Users.
The Publisher's explicit written permission must be obtained in order to:
- Use any part of HSUS for Commercial Use
- Distribute HSUS or any part of HSUS to anyone other than an Authorised User
- Publish, distribut or make available HSUS, works based on HSUS or works which combine them with any other material, other than as indicated above.