Database of Recorded American Music
Connect to DRAM (Current NU Only)
"Authorized Users" include Licensee and all full and part-time students and employees (including faculty, staff, affiliated researchers, and independent contractors) of Licensee, regardless of the physical location of such persons, and patrons not affiliated with Licensee who are physically present at Licensee’s site.
Allowed Uses of DRAM content
a) Display. Licensee and Authorized Users shall have the right to electronically display textual and visual Licensed Materials and to access and listen to all audio Licensed Materials.
b) Digitally Copy. Licensee and Authorized Users may download and digitally copy a reasonable portion of the textual and visual Licensed Materials.
c) Databases. Authorized Users shall be permitted to extract or use textual or visual information contained in the Database for educational, scientific, or research purposes, including extraction and manipulation of information for the purpose of illustration, explanation, example, comment, criticism, teaching, research, or analysis.
d) Electronic Links. Licensee may provide electronic links to the Licensed Materials from Licensee's web page(s), including electronic reserve links for use of the Licensed Materials in connection with specific courses of instruction offered by Licensee, and is encouraged to do so in ways that will increase the usefulness of the Licensed Materials to Authorized Users.
e) Scholarly Sharing. Authorized Users may transmit to third party colleagues in hard copy or electronically, minimal, insubstantial amounts of the textual or visual Licensed Material for personal use or scholarly, educational, or scientific research or professional use but in no case for re-sale or renting. In addition, Authorized Users shall have the right to use, with appropriate credit, excerpts from the textual or visual Licensed Materials in the Authorized User's own scientific, scholarly and educational works.
f) Interlibrary Loan. Licensee may fulfill requests for textual and visual content from other institutions, a practice commonly called Interlibrary Loan. Licensee agrees to fulfill such requests in compliance with Section 108 of the United States Copyright Law (17 USC 108, "Limitations on exclusive rights: Reproduction by libraries and archives") and clause 3 of the Guidelines for the Proviso of Subsection 108(g)(2) prepared by the National Commission on New Technological Uses of Copyrighted Works.
g) Fair Use. Licensee and Authorized Users may make all use of the Licensed Materials as is consistent with the Fair Use Provisions of the United States Copyright Law and international law. Nothing in this Agreement is intended to limit in any way whatsoever Licensee's or any Authorized User's rights under the Fair Use provisions of United States or international law to use the Licensed Materials.
h) Data Sharing. Licensee shall cooperate with Licensor at Licensor’s request in gathering data on usage of the Database, and shall provide such data to each other upon request. The costs associated with these and all user studies will be absorbed by the Licensor with no cost to the Licensee. Notwithstanding the foregoing, the parties shall not provide data from which an individual user could be identified, unless such disclosure is reasonably necessary for pursuing a claim or investigation concerning alleged violation(s) of the Authorized Use or is in response to a subpoena, court order, or other legal proceeding.
Restrictions on Use of DRAM content
1. Unauthorized Use. Licensee shall not knowingly permit anyone other than Authorized Users to use the Licensed Materials.
2. Copying or downloading of Audio Licensed Material. Licensee shall not copy or download audio Licensed Materials, or permit Authorized Users to do so.
3. Modification of Licensed Materials. Licensee shall not modify or create a derivative work of the Licensed Materials without the prior written permission of RAAM, or permit Authorized Users to do so.
4. Removal of Copyright Notice. Licensee may not remove, obscure or modify any copyright or other notices included in the Licensed Materials, or permit Authorized Users to do so.
5. Commercial Purposes. Licensee may not use the Licensed Materials for bulk reproduction or distribution, or for peer-to-peer distribution of the Licensed Materials, or for commercial purposes including but not limited to the sale of the Licensed Materials, or permit Authorized Users to do so.
August 22, 2007