Authorized Users are defined as : employees, faculty, registered students, agents, consultants, subcontractors, independent contractors and Outsource Providers of the Licensee (whether on a permanent, temporary or contract basis) who are permitted by the Licensee to access the Secure Network from within or outside the Licensee’s premises, whose identity is authenticated at the time of login and periodically thereafter consistent with current best practice, and whose conduct is subject to regulation by the Licensee. Walk-in users are also deemed Authorized Users of the site while on the Libraries’ premises but do not have remote access privileges.
Authorized Users may:
- Search, view, retrieve and display the Licensed Materials.
- Electronically save parts of the Licensed Materials for personal use.
- Print a copy of individual articles or items of the Licensed Materials for personal use.
- Distribute a copy of individual articles or items of the Licensed Materials in print or electronic form to other Authorized Users.
- Authorized Users may not remove or alter the authors’ names or affiliations or the Publisher’s copyright notices or other means of identification or disclaimers as they apear in the Licensed Material.
- Neither the Licensee nor Authorized Users may not systematically make copies of multiple extracts of the Licensed Material for any purpose other than as explicitly permitted under clauses 3.1 and 3.2 of this License Agreement.
- Authorized Users may not provide or make available by electronic means to any third party who is not an Authorized User a retained electronic copy of any part of the Licensed Material.
- Authorized Users may not mount or distribute any part of the Licensed Material on any electronic network, including but not limited to the Internet and the World Wide Web, other than the Secure Network.
- Authorized Users may not, without the Publisher's explicit written permission:
- Use the whole or any part of the Licensed Material for sale, reward or exploitation other than as expressly permitted by this License Agreement.
- Distribute the whole or part of the Licensed Material to anyone other than Authorized Users or for any purpose not expressly authorized by this License Agreement.
- Publish, distribute or make available the Licensed Material, works based on the Licensed Material or works which combine it with any other material, other than as permitted in this License Agreement and except for a reasonable amount of writing which does not amount to the systematic copying of the Licensed Material.
- Alter, abridge, adapt or modify the Licensed Material, except to the extent necessary to make it perceptible on a computer screen to Authorized Users. For the avoidance of doubt, no alteration of the words or their order is permitted.
- Nothing in this Agreement is meant to restrict the Fair Use and other rights of the Licenses under U.S. Copyright Law.
Notwithstanding any terms or conditions to the contrary in any author agreement between Authors and Licensor, Authors affiliated with Licensee whose work ("Content") is accepted for publication within the Licensed Materials shall retain the non-exclusive, irrevocable, royalty-free right to use their Content for scholarly and educational purposes, including self-archiving or depositing the Content in institutional, subject-based, national or other open repositories or archives (including the author's own web pages or departmental servers), and to comply with all grant or institutional requirements associated with the Content.
For the avoidance of doubt, it is the intent of the parties to this agreement that Authors are third party beneficiaries of this provision of the Agreement.