To order materials, choose one
- I need a book  from another library.
- I need an article  PDF, including proceedings or journal pages from another library
- I need a video or media item  from another library.
- I need a dissertation  from another library.
See also: Renewal options 
To get materials yourself (in person) from our partner libraries
See "Using Other Libraries." 
Frequently Asked Questions
Who can use Interlibrary Loan?
Any current Northeastern student, faculty member (including emeriti and visiting scholars), or staff member can use Interlibrary Loan. Alumni, Friends of Snell Library, guest researchers, and family members are not eligible.
What can be requested through Interlibrary Loan?
The following list contains some of the items that can be requested through Interlibrary Loan:
- Theses and dissertations (Subject to availability and permission from the lending library and/or author)
- Conference proceedings
- Newspaper issues and journal volumes (In rare instances)
- DVDs and CDs
- Microfilms and microfiches
- Journal articles
- Book chapters
- Other miscellaneous formats including posters, pamphlets, and maps
Is there a cost to use Interlibrary Loan?
Interlibrary Loan is a free service. However, in the event that an item is damaged or lost while on loan to you, you are responsible for any fees or costs that are levied by the lending library.
When is the Interlibrary Loan office open?
Our hours of operation are Monday to Friday, 8:00am to 5:00pm.
I have more questions, how do I contact Interlibrary Loan?
Here's our contact information:
260 Snell Library
360 Huntington Ave
Boston, MA 02115
ill [at] neu.edu