- Access for NU affiliates to ejournals, reference and other databases is available for educational use only and may vary depending on the publisher's license. A login is generally required for off-campus users.
How to log in
Login error messages and what they mean
An error occurred while processing your request. Please contact your helpdesk or user ID office for assistance.
This service requires cookies. Please ensure that they are enabled and try your going back to your desired resource and trying to login again.
Use of your browser's back button may cause specific errors that can be resolved by going back to your desired resource and trying to login again.
If you think you were sent here in error, please contact technical support Error Message: Error decoding authentication request message
This error sometimes occurs when a previous session did not completely close.
To fix this error, try these steps:
- Go to https://neuidmsso.neu.edu/logout.html 
- Completely close and restart your browser.
- Go to http://library.northeastern.edu  and try to connect again.
To avoid this error:
Make a habit of completely closing your browser after a library session.
Never bookmark the login page for a library resource. Instead, bookmark the site AFTER you log in, or right-click and bookmark a link BEFORE you click on it.
- You have tried to access a resource that is either not licensed for alumni use or only licensed for registered law school students."
- If you are currently registered, please contact the Help Desk at (617) 373-4357  to ask about your status with the University Registrar.
- If you are an alumnus/a, please be aware that only a limited selection of resources is available to you. See a list 
- If you are trying to access a law resource, you may be blocked by the terms of the publisher's license. Please contact the law library  for alternative resources that may have the information you need.
The credentials you provided cannot be determined to be authentic.
This message appears when you have typed in an incorrect myNEU username or password.
“Sorry, the information you submitted was invalid. Please try again.”
- You are not currently registered, or you registered within the last 3 or 4 days and your registration information has not yet been updated at the library. If you have an immediate need to log in, please contact Library Technology Services at x7088.
Report a Problem
Use our online form here: Report a problem 
Tel: 617-373-4357 
(Information Technology Services Help Desk)