These terms also apply to the Encyclopedia of Life Sciences.
Authorized Users are defined as - Authorized Users must be bona fide faculty members, students, researchers, staff members, librarians, executives or employees of the Licensee, or contractors engaged by the Licensee, provided such contractors have been informed of, and advised of their responsibility to comply with, the Terms and Conditions of Use set forth herein and they access Wiley InterScience via the Licensee’s secure network. Walk-in Users from the general public or business invitees may also be permitted by the Licensee to access Wiley InterScience from designated terminals with a Licensee-controlled IP address. These designated terminals shall be physically located in libraries or similar physical premises directly controlled by the Northeastern University Libraries.
TERMS AND CONDITIONS OF USE
1. The rights and restrictions governing access to Wiley InterScience and the Electronic Products by the Licensee and its Authorized Users are outlined in the Terms and Conditions of Use below.
a. Authorized Users may download, view, copy and save to hard disk or diskette and store or print out single copies of individual articles, chapters or entries in the Licensed Electronic Products for the Authorized User’s own personal use, scholarly, educational or scientific research or internal business use. Authorized Users may also transmit such material to a third-party colleague in hard copy or electronically, for personal use or scholarly, educational, or scientific research or professional use but in no case for re-sale. In addition, Authorized Users have the right to use, with appropriate credit, figures, tables and brief excerpts from individual articles, chapters or other entries from the Licensed Electronic Products in the Authorized User’s own scientific, scholarly and educational works such as books and articles.
b. All Authorized Users have the option to create a My Profile Page, which will allow them to create data files and links to articles, chapters and entries of interest in the Licensed Electronic Products, and search criteria, which may be reused by them. In order to do so, the Authorized User will have to select and register a user name and password, which the Authorized User must keep confidential and not disclose to or share with anyone else.
c. The Licensee and its Authorized Users may create links to Wiley InterScience from their Online Public Access Catalog (OPAC) records, library catalogs, locally hosted databases or library web pages, provided those links do not result in access to licensed content by anyone other than Authorized Users, or for use in any paid or commercial service.
d. Authorized Users who are members of the Licensee’s faculty or staff may download and print out multiple copies of material from Licensed Electronic Products for the purpose of making a multi-source collection of information for classroom use (course-pack) to be distributed to students at the Licensee's institution free of charge or at a cost-based fee. Material from Licensed Electronic Products may also be stored in electronic format in secure electronic data files for access by Authorized Users who are students at the Licensee’s institution, as part of their course work.
e. The Licensee’s library staff may print out and send single paper copies of articles, chapters or entries from the Licensed Electronic Products for interlibrary loan.
2. Except as provided … above, Authorized Users may not copy, distribute, transmit or otherwise reproduce material from Electronic Products; store such material in any form or medium in a retrieval system; or transmit such material, directly or indirectly, for use in any paid service such as document delivery or list serve, or for use by any information brokerage or for systematic distribution, whether or not for commercial or non-profit use, or for a fee or free of charge.
3. In order to protect the integrity and attribution of Wiley InterScience and the Electronic Products, the Licensee and its Authorized Users may not remove, obscure or modify any copyright or proprietary notices, author attribution or any disclaimer contained therein or on any screen display. Authorized Users may not integrate material from the Electronic Products with other material or otherwise create derivative works in any medium, since the exclusive right to prepare derivative works based upon the copyrighted work is vested in the copyright owners. However, brief quotations for purposes of comment, criticism or similar scholarly purposes are not an infringement of copyright and are not prohibited herein.
4. Authorized Users may not do anything to restrict or inhibit any other Authorized User’s access to or use of Wiley InterScience and the Licensed Electronic Products.
5. If an Authorized User fails to abide by these Terms and Conditions of Use or other terms of this License, Wiley reserves the right in its sole discretion to suspend or terminate such Authorized User’s access to Wiley InterScience and the Licensed Electronic Products immediately without notice, in addition to any other available remedies. Notwithstanding the above, except in the case of a material breach which Wiley deems dangerous to the integrity and security of InterScience, Wiley shall give prior written notice to the Licensee of its intention to terminate such Authorized User’s access and shall allow the Licensee and/or the Authorized User 30 days after receipt of such notice to cure the breach or agree to abide by the terms and conditions of this License.