To alumni and others verifying course descriptions. Up to 30 minutes of reference service will be provided free of charge. A flat fee of $10 (payable in advance) will be charged for mailing, emailing, or faxing course descriptions.
The Archives offers low resolution scanning. All low resolution scanning will be done in accordance with the University Libraries' established rules and regulations. Patrons may scan material from the ready reference collection at no cost.
All material from archival or special collections must be copied by Archives staff. Scans cost $.25 each for 1-100 copies and $.30 each for each scan over 100.
There are three delivery options:
1. Email: The scans may be emailed in 15MB increments to the patron.
2. Flash Drive or Other Storage Device: The scans may be saved to flash drives or storage devices supplied by the patron.
3. Mail: Scans may be burned to a CD and mailed to the patron for an additional fee of $4.00. The minimum total fee is $5.00 per order.
Printouts from microfilm cost $.15 each.
Self-service scanning is not permitted for archival or manuscript collections. The Archives staff can provide high resolution digital copies of pictorial and printed material no larger than 35 x 24 inches. Scanned images can be up to 600 dpi for certain dimensions, in black and white or color, and in the image format of your choice (jpeg, tiff etc). Images can be burned onto CD for no extra charge.
University rate: $5.00 each for 1-10 scans and $3.00 each for each scan over 10.
Special Collections donor rate:$0 for up to 25 scans per year (Contact the University Archivist for additional scanning services).
Public rate: $20.00 per scan.
No fee for photography, but:
- Patrons must seek approval from the University Archivist before photographing any material and are required to sign a Duplication Agreement. The photographs are solely for the personal use of the individual requesting them.
- All responsibility for possible infringement of copyright law as a result of reproduction and use of these materials is assumed by the applicant. The researcher assumes full responsibility for complying with laws of libel and literary property rights which may be involved in their use.
- No materials belonging to Archives and Special Collections may be published or exhibited, in whole or in part, online or in print, without permission of the Archivist.
- Patrons may only take non-flash photographs of material.
|VHS or S-VHS or DVD to DVD||$20.00|
|16mm film or U-Matic to DVD||$30.00|
|All video formats to Quicktime||$25.00|
|Mini DV to DVD||$25.00|
|LP, Cassette, and CD to MP3||$25.00|
|Laserdisc to DVD||$25.00|
|Audiocassette to CD||$20.00|
|VHS or S-VHS or DVD to DVD||$40.00|
|16mm film or U-Matic to DVD||$60.00|
|All video formats to Quicktime||$50.00|
|Mini DV to DVD||$50.00|
|LP, Cassette, and CD to MP3||$50.00|
|Laserdisc to DVD||$50.00|
|Audiocassette to CD||$40.00|
*NU Libraries reserves the right to reassess and negotiate fees based on condition of original and complexities of reproduction requirements. A final fee will be agreed upon by both parties before reproduction commences.
Permission to Publish contracts grant permission for one time, non-exclusive use of the material. Any different or subsequent use must be applied for in writing. Materials used for exhibition, publication, or broadcast must be credited to Northeastern University Libraries, Archives and Special Collections Department. A $50.00 per still image or a $25.00 per second moving image use fee is charged for each commercial or for-profit use of photographic, audio-visual or any other graphic materials or images from the Northeastern University Libraries, Archives and Special Collections Department, including all of its associated divisions.
Payment must be received before any service is rendered.
Check or money orders should be made payable to Northeastern University. Cash and credit cards cannot be accepted. Please send payment to: Archives and Special Collections Department, 92 Snell Library, 360 Huntington Avenue, Northeastern University, Boston, MA 02115.
Northeastern University offices may pay with an internal requisition form.
In determining the fee to be charged, the University Archivist will have final judgment regarding whether the material is to be used for University, not-for-profit, or for-profit purposes.